Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Goodbye Bayonne..... Hello washer and dryer.

As you may have guessed this is my last day in Bayonne. Good ole
transfers have come around again and this time I drew the short straw.
Tis the end of my stay in Bayonne.
It's slightly hurts because Bayonne is my baby. I've been here for
6 months and when I got here there was nothing going for this area.
All the serious work that has happened here has been me and my 3
different companions and an overwhelming dosage of God Power. I've
memorized all the streets and befriended all the members. I've eaten a
largely unhealthy amount of Spanish food and worked with all our
investigators. So it's a little tough to say goodbye to an area.
Now though I move on to my next challenge.... Clinton, NJ. A
completely different area then Bayonne. I've heard it is ridiculously
huge, and we have a car. Things like driveways, lawns and parking
space actually exist there too! But worst of all, the apartment we
live in has a washer and dryer! Like what kind of insanity is this!
I didn't realize how long I've been here until a member that went
on a 3 month vacation got back last Saturday and his first words to me
at church were "Elder Hicks? Wow. You're still here?!"
So you know. Time moves on. The work here this last week was
great to leave my birthplace with. We got 9 new investigators this
week, I'm pretty sure that's the same amount I've gotten in the last 6
months. So it was a pretty good week.
I got to go on another exchange with the Jersey City Elders but
this time it was the new guy. Elder McComber and I tackled a crazy day
where we were running around jersey city teaching 8 lessons in one
day! It was exhausting but crazy! I took a ton of pictures though so
I'll will share those promptly.
I'm exciting for a new opportunity in a completely different area!
I hope you all had a good week!
Thanks for all the love and support. I'll distribute my new
address next week!


-Elder Anthony S. Hicks
New Jersey Morristown Mission


No comments:

Post a Comment