Friday, March 31, 2017

The Realities of Life

Good Morning Everybody!
      This week I don't have much to write about but I do want to
focus on a few highlights.
Wednesday was super interesting because we had to loan our car to some
other missionaries so they could go to a meeting in Morristown. We
used it as an opportunity to go out with some of the missionaries in
our zone! So Elder Peterson and I split up and did trios with other
sets of missionaries.
     I was with Elder Holmes and Draper all day up in Soldier Hill and
that was an experience. I'd never expect to find two people who are
exactly the same as each other being companions. But they were! 'Twas
quite entertaining.
     We also got to go on exchange with the APs Wildman and Follett.
It was a super funny exchange! We did a table stand trying to hand out
the Book of Mormon to people on a Main Street in Elizabeth. It got
really weird because this old Spanish guy kept coming up to me and
telling me dirty jokes. It was really annoying when I was trying to
talk to other people! Luckily the bus finally came and he left.
     Lastly I want to highlight a story I heard. I can't tell details
but there is this man that we are working with who told us his story
and the things that he has been through. I came to two realizations
from the unbelievable hard life he has lived. My problems are nothing
and that I've had the easiest life in the whole stinkin world, and how
important just one good influence on a child's life could do. This man
by the time he was 16 had done everything you can imagine from Jail
time, fugitive status, all the drugs and everything that comes with
that, and much, much more.
     Understand that your problems are small in the eternities.
                               D&C 121
7 My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine
afflictions shall be but a small moment;
8 And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou
shalt triumph over all thy foes.
9 Thy friends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with
warm hearts and friendly hands.

                      Elder Anthony Sleigh Hicks
                  New Jersey Morristown Mission

We've gotten so tired we've resulted to rolling around.


No comments:

Post a Comment