Monday, July 25, 2016

Transfer Doctrine!!! And epic Heat Wave!!!

Hello all the people from my Past Life!!!
This week was a fun and random week. Solid mixed week of knocking
doors and helping members!
        Wednesday we picked up one of our smaller members. His name is
Eduardo. He's in Teacher's Quorum but looks like he should still be in
his middle years of Primary. But he asked to hang out with us for a
bit so we picked him up and went and knocked some doors! So exciting,
I know. But hey he managed to be around when we went to a dinner
appointment so he got free food. Nothing to complain about there! Then
we got invited to go to the Young Men's activity especially because
they were supposed to have some Less actives and Potential
investigators there... But none of them showed up. Eh... It happens.
        Friday was pretty eventful too.... We went and talked to Joni, who's
in a part member family and us and her husband are trying to get her
to church but she usually doesn't like the missionaries so they could
never get in. But guess who was able to get her to talk to us and
basically spill out her life story...... This guy with thumbs and a
name tag typing away at this keyboard.... Also my companion, he was
there too..... But ya we ended up giving her a blessing and she didn't
seem totally convinced of it. But here comes the funny part. The next
day we get a call from her. We couldn't answer because we were busy
but she left a message saying that "Whatever prayer you guys said
must've worked, because I woke up all happy today!" So hey, Blessings
work. Just sayin.
        Saturday was the day I thought I would die..... So we were helping
one of our Investigators flip a jacuzzi over because he had to rebuild
it's frame. Those things are ridiculously heavy by the way. It was
also like a million degrees and like 200% Humidity. More water then
air.
        We were sweating so bad that we went and changed our clothes before
we went to the ward Pioneer Day activity.... Which we ended up just
sweating buckets at anyways.... But it was super fun! And not good for
me.... One of the members(Who also plays the piano and organ for
sacrament) brought a Ukulele for a small skit she was doing for the
kids. I mentioned to her that I was learning how to play it and she
forced it into my hands and made me start playing it.... Within 15
minutes are was as my mother likes to call it "Voluntold" to sing in
sacrament the next day. So guess who sang "Abide with me Tis Eventide"
in front of the whole world alone yesterday?.... But everyone said I
did awesome so I guess I can take their word for it I guess.
                Now for transfer Doctrine!!!!
I'm still in Clinton! But I get a new Companion tomorrow, Elder Owens!
Goodbye Elder Reese!
But the bigger thing.... I'm a District Leader now!!!!! Who thought
that would be a good idea? They think I'm responsible enough to be
responsible? Like I know God doesn't make mistakes or anything.... But
maybe someone read a prompting wrong?.... Now I have to give
trainings!
        Anyways.... Exciting times. Live long and prosper people from the Non
Humid part of the country, because I'm probably gonna die here.
        Love you guys! Thanks for all the support.





No comments:

Post a Comment