Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Another Week! Using Technology!

Hello my dear friends!
This week has been slow, but hectic, at the same time. I don't understand! We've also had lots of little moments that show a lot of potential and then nothing comes out of it or still needs much more exploration.
For example, last Sunday we had this nice couple come in needing help really bad. They were about to become homeless and they needed just a small amount of money for part of the down payment on their new apartment. Our bishopric was able to help out and they seemed very interested in having us missionaries come by! Super exciting! But unfortunately they weren't there when we showed up... bummer. Hopefully it was just a misunderstanding and we can catch them another day. We'll see soon enough.
Now regarding the "Technology" part of my subject, this week has been a cool opportunity to use it more effectively. My Companion Elder Taylor was heavily under the weather on Thursday so there wasn't much we could do on part of going out. So we were able to actually teach a couple lessons over Facebook messenger and reach out to people that way... It was pretty surprising how well it worked.
My baby boy Elder Taylor is coming along stronger now though. He's starting to get the hang of this weird missionary world we live in. He's already training me on how to be better at some things! I also have the easiest district ever too. All Elders, which makes things super easy. One of them is from the U.K. Too so we make lots of Revolution jokes and stuff. Just waiting for him to call me and ungrateful colonist or something.
I'm also getting better at the Ukulele for all you who might care....
Hmmmm what else.... hmmmmmmmm....
Oh ya I did get asked to sing in a big interfaith Concert with several other churches in the area in November..... Specifically a solo... I guess that's kinda big.

Love all of you, thanks for all your support! And for all you Clinton Ward members who spy on me and read this email.... Thanks for all the food!
                      Elder Anthony Sleigh Hicks
                  New Jersey Morristown Mission
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment