Thursday, February 18, 2016

Soooooooo Coooooollldd.....oh and Happy Birthday to me!!

So this week was pretty great me and my comp still get along
ridiculously well and I was practically confirmed during our
interviews with President Taggart that I'll be killing Elder Jess(I'm
his last companion before he goes home) which also means I'll be in
Bayonne for another 3 months. Which I'm super happy and also kinda sad
about. I do love it here but it'd be great to see a little bit of the
mission before I hit my 6 month mark though I'm still young.
    Bayonne is on fire though. Like I said last week referrals are
awesome and they are the best way to share the gospel for sure.

This last week we spent a lot of time introducing Elder Jess to
everyone and also starting a relationship with all the Spanish members
in our branch because I don't know any of them that well... So I've
sat through several lessons this week just trying to figure out what
is going on. I'm starting to understand it a lot better, but speaking
it is not coming as quickly as I would like!

On Saturday we got to here from one of the area 70 Elder Christensen
who is a business Professor at Harvard. He spent the whole day on
Saturday talking about member missionary work and it was great, I'm
telling all of you that it is the one and only really effective way to
help people understand the Gospel. Us missionaries can sit and talk to
people all day but it's people's friends, their families, and their
neighbors that get people to feel the love of Christ. The best way to
help people understand that is through service! So go out there and
serve!

Happy Valentine's Day
Now for the most important news. It's my Birthday🇺🇸
Thank you everyone for the Birthday Wishes, it really made my day.
I hope all of you are doing great and staying warm because it's not
here. It was 2 degrees yesterday with a feels like temperature of -18
which my Alaskan Companion attested to being the coldest he has ever
been in his life and more cold than -50... Stinkin humidity
      Love you all, stay awesome, and God Bless.

 -Elder Anthony Hicks
  New Jersey Morristown Mission


 Who needs candles when you have a lighter and Duct Tape!!

No comments:

Post a Comment