Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Englewoood... Responsibilities.... I'm Tired...

Hallloooo!
Good Morning my dear Monday subjects!
This week has been super hectic! Elder Trask my new companion is a
crazy awesome missionary, and he works super hard.... and I have spent
to much time in an area that you get to sit in your cushy car all day
long. If you connect the dots there, I'm tired! We had an awesome week
of teaching people and meetings!
My one experience that I really do want to share is of a Baptism that
we had yesterday.... So I got transferred into this baptism, I had
only met them once before the baptism so it was interesting....
But anyways, to the story... So we had to fill the baptismal font, and
our Bishop told us that it would only take an hour..... For some
reason we believed him. The baptism was supposed to start at 1:15. But
at that time the baptismal font was only a foot deep.... not good
right, so me and my companion this whole time are using a big garbage
can and filling it with water from the custodial closet and dumping it
in to the font. We did that for forty five minutes until my companion
had to go change for the baptism, so I stayed back there with another
missionary continuing to fill it up all through the beginning of the
program. So on the other side of the doors we hear people singing and
the ward missionary leader talking and welcoming everyone and the
baptismal talk starts. We finally get it up to a reasonable depth and
run out to be in the room for the baptism. It all worked out in the
end and everyone was happy... but the lesson for the day is
preparation!
Thankyou for all your support! You guys are super awesome!

                      Elder Anthony Sleigh Hicks
                  New Jersey Morristown Mission



No comments:

Post a Comment